ALO4-O | Laser welding and brazing with tactile seam tracking
Equipped with numerous new features, the processing optics are even more flexible in use and optimized for the automated processing process.
The filler wire required for the seam during joining also serves as a mechanical sensor. The filler wire is continuously pressed into the joint by the swivel axis and melted in the laser focal point; it positions and guides the processing head precisely over the seam.
Two synchronized scanner axes are integrated into the ALO4-O for a defined 2D laser beam oscillation with up to 1000 kHz. Beam oscillation is a repeated, high-frequency movement of the laser beam. Deflection shapes, amplitudes and frequencies are freely programmable for each scanner axis.
Areas of application
- Laser brazing and laser welding.
- Steel and aluminium alloys.
- Thick sheet metal applications, alloying with additional material and seam smoothing.
- Stable process control and highest seam quality through automatic compensation of component tolerances by tactile seam tracking with filler wire.
- Definable 2D laser beam oscillation with up to 1000 kHz via two synchronized scanner axes. Deflection shapes, amplitudes and frequencies can be freely programmed for each scanner axis.
- Industry 4.0 as the new standard for connectivity and intuitive user interfaces with recipes for operating and configuring the optics.
- SCeye® system for highly automated and intelligent process monitoring, as well as for recording all videos and data from the process.
- Integrated 3D weight compensation and force control guarantee high-precision control of the wire pressure forces and enable a processing space of 360 °.
- Shortened start-up times, faster optics changeovers and more efficient service thanks to plug & play in the hardware and interface architecture.
- Easy handling thanks to the optional integration of external functions such as wire feeder, media control, QA systems and direct control of the laser source.
- Individual device configuration thanks to the modular scacpacs® building block system and expandability over the entire product life cycle.
- Diode laser
- Solid-state laser like rod laser, disk laser, fibre laser
Further product information
- Increased drive dynamics and more torque offer the possibility of 90° angles of the swivel axis during processing
- Optimised for continuous use even under high mechanical loads
- Automatic tracking of the horizontal focus position
- Increased operational readiness thanks to temperature monitoring and position control
- Height tolerance compensation with improved integrated force sensors
- Variants: Standard, Fix (with brakes), Motion (motorised)
Oscillation Scanner unit
- Synchronized 2D oscillating scanner axes
- Deflection shapes, amplitudes and frequencies up to 1000 Hz can be freely parameterized
Protective glass monitoring
- Continuous monitoring of the protective glass on the process side
- Based on the patented temperature evaluation algorithms
- Data and video recording during the process
- Quality assurance: Envelopes, pore detection and beam-wire-position
|Wavelength||900 - 1080 nm|
|Laser power||< 6 kW up to 10 kW*|
|Laser protection class||4|
|Image scales||1:0.9 up to 1:5.4|
|Total angle of acceptance||up to 485 mrad*|
|Focal lengths||141 - 250 mm|
|IP class||Processing optics: IP60 (up to IP64 possible by sealing the laser light cable receiver)
Switch cabinets: IP54
|Voltage supply||24 V / 10 A provided by the customer or
230 / 400V 4 A using the controller power-supply box
(L x W x H) in mm
|approx. 350x 250x 580*|
|Weight||Processing optics: approx. 20 kg
Controller power-supply box: approx. 25 kg
|*depending on the configuration|