ALO4basic | Laser welding and laser brazing with tactile seam tracking
ALO4basic is the successor to ALO1 for simple brazing and welding applications and benefits from selected scapacs® modules of the latest ALO generation.
The filler wire required for the seam during joining also serves as a mechanical sensor. The filler wire is continuously pressed into the joint by the swivel axis and melted in the laser focal point; it positions and guides the processing head precisely over the seam. The additional wire thus forms a wear-free, self-renewing guide tip – directly at the focus of the laser and with consistently high accuracy.
Areas of application
- Laser soldering brazing and laser welding
- Steel and aluminium alloys
- Y-seam at the flare joint
- Fillet welds at the lap joint
- Fillet welds at T-joint
- Stable process control and highest seam quality through automatic compensation of component tolerances by tactile seam tracking with filler wire.
- Industry 4.0 as the new standard for connectivity and intuitive user interfaces with recipes for operating and configuring the optics.
- Lateral tolerance compensation in the process by motor-current controlled swivel axis based on the proven principle of the ALO1 for simple brazing and welding applications.
- Easy handling thanks to the optional integration of external functions such as wire feeder, media control, QA systems and direct control of the laser source.
- Shortened start-up times, faster optics changeovers and more efficient service thanks to plug & play in the hardware and interface architecture.
- Individual device configuration thanks to the modular scacpacs® building block system and expandability over the entire product life cycle.
- Diode laser
- Solid-state laser like rod laser, disk laser, fibre laser
Further product information
Swivel axis basic
- Motor current-controlled, powerful swivel axis with reduced sampling position clearance
- Optimised for continuous use even under high mechanical loads
Telescopic arm basic
- Height tolerance compensation with defined spring force
- Variants: basic, basic-fix (with brakes)
Protective glass monitoring
- Continuous monitoring of the protective glass on the process side
- Based on the patented temperature evaluation algorithms
- Digital setup & monitoring camera
- Integrated crosshair
|Wavelength||900 – 1080 nm|
|Laser power||< 6 kW up to 10 kW *|
|Laser protection class||4|
|Image scales||1:0.9 up to 1:5.3|
|Total angle of acceptance||up to 485 mrad*|
|Focal lengths||141 - 250 mm|
|IP class||Processing optics: IP60 (up to IP64 possible by sealing the laser light cable receiver)
Switch cabinets: IP54
|Voltage supply||24 V / 10 A provided by the customer or 230 / 400V 4 A using the controller power-supply box|
(L x W x H) in mm
|approx. 350x 250x 580*|
|Weight||Processing optics: approx. 15 kg
Controller power-supply box: approx. 25 kg
|*depending on the configuration|